Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Late Spring Afternoon

In all this confusion I've been looking for
I've been looking for
Simplicity of mind somewhere in a single line
With no particular reason to the the rhyme

No particular tale to tell
No words of wrath to ease my mind
No particular people treating me unkind
No particular sorrows moaning
No questions pressing on my mind
No particular situations to define

Yes it's a simple matter sometimes
When an afternoon is born
In green silk and sunshine
And a few distant horns.

This is an excerpt from a tune I wrote on a typical sunshiney afternoon in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I was especially content that day. Santa Fe was a vivid experience, both good and bad.
One thing amusing was the Governor at the time, Bruce King. In one of his speeches he referred to a situation as a "Box of Pandoras". Just sailed on by and made me laugh forever.

0 Comments:

<< Home